April 14, 2011

doppelganger

this morning as i went about my travels it seemed that everywhere i looked i saw kindred, doppelganger sisters. out of the corner of my eye was a girl wearing (my) clog boots, and a green parka. i was sad i didn't get a better look at her. a block further down the street another girl walked towards me in an outfit nearly identical to mine. the green parka again, dark blue jeans, brown ankle boots, dark brown hair. later yet again: oversize glasses and nubby cream wool sweater.

there was a time when it would bother me if i saw another person look so much the same as me. now, i relish it. i search for similarities in the people that cross my path. yes, we are alike. yes, i know it too. i like to imagine that we would be friends. i like to hope for the best.


celine et julie

No comments: